Thursday, October 2, 2008

No Longer Busy

Busy: I don’t want to be busy anymore.

At one time it was chic, the buzz word, the pat answer to the question—“How’s it going?”
“oh, you know….busy.” We smiled back that knowing smile and nodded in agreement. Yes. Isn’t it great to be successful, upwardly mobile….accomplishing so much?

Now, as I look the word ‘busy’ up in the dictionary, it tells me otherwise. Busy can be in addition to occupied:
ornate, disparate, or clashing in design or colors; cluttered with small, unharmonious details;

So, I don’t want to be busy, I want to be purposeful, organized and accomplished. I want a sense of inner peace which comes with balance. I want what Ecclesiastes 3:1-9(NIV) boasts about
-a time for everything.

· 1.
· There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
· 2.
· a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
· 3.
· a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
· 4.
· a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
· 5.
· a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
· 6.
· a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
· 7.
· a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
· 8.
· a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
· 9.
· What does the worker gain from his toil?

I can only believe that the answer to this question is the sense of satisfaction at a job well done. I can only hope that my work will make this world a better place, that someone has laughed, smiled and been given the sense of hope and knowledge that God and love do exist.
I am no longer busy. I am helping to create the kingdom of heaven and storing up for myself—treasures.

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

And a time to appreciate that quiet time alone is something to be treasured and not avoided :-)

Created for God's Design said...

ahhh...but to make sure you find it. Sounds blissfully wonderful.