Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Good Day/ Bad Day-- Good Day!

Tonight-8:30ish on my way home from getting a gallon of milk, bag of chocolates , bunch bananas and bologna, I lamented being tired with so much more on my rotating list of things to do.

And then it hit me. God allows us to grow tired, so that we will finally slow down and rest.

So now, 9:30ish, I take a few moments to take stock of the last two days.

Yesterday--started low and ended high.
Today--started high and ended low.

In one of Shakespeare's plays, a character states--"nothing is good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."

In the Bible, King David laments over the ups, downs and imperfections of life in Ecclesiastes.
Basically, we work hard, have a few good times, a few bad times...and it's over.

Not too promising--except that at the end of the day, God is there for us. At the end of my life, God will be there for me, also. I may not always understand the 'whys' of happenings, but in the end, I know I am his child, that all things work for the good of those who love the him, greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world, and if God is for me who can be against me?

So, with all that on my side. I guess it was a good day after all!

No comments: