Thursday, June 25, 2009

Room on the Page




Sitting on the breezeway; curled up on the leather chair. Birds chirp outside; air conditioners hum and the woosh of an occassional car drives by the house.

It is a moment to be still--to obtain comfort from voices inside my house without needing to respond nor adhere to the meaning of their sounds.

My have to do list and my want to do list would cascade off even a legal sized page. But in this moment I choose to let those items all slide off. Instead, for a moment, I pretend the page is blank--completely white. And, I ask my God.
"What dear Lord, would you have me put upon that page?"


Why, I wonder, do I fill my page so that there is no room for my Lord to write?

2 comments:

Sherry said...

That's something we all need to ask ourselves! We need quiet time with God. Our lives are so busy and I admit I have to work at making time to be still and listen to Him!

Thanks for sharing

Created for God's Design said...

absolutely...and when all my "stuff" takes priority..I miss out on what He may be saying.