Monday, January 12, 2009

A dream, a new bike and his word


Psalm 119: 105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
Just before waking this morning I had a dream in which I was trying to pedal my bike. The bike looked fine, and didn't seem in disrepair, but I could not get the bike pedal to move forward no matter how hard I tried. Eventually my companion and I decided that it might be time for a new bike. This old one just wasn't working. I felt resistance to getting a new bike. I liked this old bike and other than the pedal not moving forward--it was just fine.
Eventually my sister Marguerite came over and had told me that she found some new bikes for us. She did not bring the bikes in for the visit, but she had in her hand warranties and manuals for us to read. That was about as far as the dream took me. When I awoke, the verse from Psalm 119 came to my mind. "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
My interpretation is that --if the "bike" I have will not pedal anymore, I need to find a new vehicle or I will not move forward. My "pedal" is stuck. The manual and warranties that I need to possess are all in my Bible.
As confirmation, this mornings devotional from Streaming Faith Devotionals spoke about how we need to get into God's word and claim his promises to move forward in our lives.
What about you...is your 'pedal' stuck? Get into God's word and move forward!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

This is what I shared with my Sunday School class yesterday, "We must be students of the Word if we are to grow and thrive spiritually ". Life is so busy and we have a tendency to put off our time with God and His Word to a more convenient time . . . that never seems to come.

He's so sweetly reminds us that He's there, just waiting for us to take the time for Him and then the benefits that we gain from it are just priceless!

Blessings,
Sherry

JULIAN & Co. said...

oh carmella, i needed to read this.
thank you for your generous posts.